You should position yourself at the starting gate from the side facing the Petőfi Bridge, in the starting zone that corresponds to the pace provided during registration.
- Zone 1: Within 4:30 per/km – Completing 10 km within 45:00
- Zone 2: Between 4:30-5:00 per/km – Completing 10 km between 45:00-50:00
- Zone 3: Between 5:00-5:30 per/km – Completing 10 km between 50:00-55:00
- Zone 4: Between 5:30-6:00 per/km – Completing 10 km between 55:00-1:00:00
- Zone 5: Between 6:00-6:30 per/km – Completing 10 km between 1:00:00-1:05:00
- Zone 6: Above 6:30 per/km – Completing 10 km above 1:05:00
In this event, everyone can only enter the start zone corresponding to their indicated expected pace (minutes per kilometer). This practice aims to reduce the chaos in the first kilometers after the start and minimize unnecessary overtaking. The start zones are uniformly marked with a yellow background, and the only difference is the black numbers indicating the zones. The flags indicating the time zones also follow this yellow background with black numbers pattern. To facilitate entering the appropriate start zone according to the planned pace (minutes per kilometer), a yellow background with black zone number label is provided on the bib number (pre-printed for advance registrants), which will be checked upon entering the zone. Each participant can only enter the start zone that corresponds to the number of the zone sticker on their bib. Those who didn’t provide a planned pace will receive the corresponding zone sticker for their bib during the bib pickup. If there is no pacing sticker on the bib number, it can be obtained at the event center. The flags indicating the time zones will always be placed at the end of the respective start zone, so participants should position themselves before the flag. The gates to the start zones will close 2 minutes before the start, and after that, participants can only position themselves at the back of the field.
If you encounter a participant with an inappropriate pacing sticker in your start zone, kindly ask them to choose a start zone that matches their planned pace. This helps avoid confusion and potential accidents.
For wheelchair and handbike participants:
- If completing the distance under their own power, they can start from the front of the field.
- They should position themselves on the start side of the start gate, at least 5 minutes before the start. Upon entering the start area, they need to sign a declaration stating they will not overtake the lead motorcycle while adhering to the rules.
- They can start 1 minute before the field but can only follow the lead motorcycle up to the 8th kilometer of the route. From there, they can proceed at their own pace to the finish line.
- If completing the distance with the assistance of a helper, they can start from the start zone corresponding to the planned pace they indicated during registration.
Segmented start at the 38th SPAR Budapest Marathon® Festival: Participants of the 10 km distance will start in several waves, with a 45-second interval between each wave. Organizers will be present at the front of each wave, guiding participants to the starting line. Approximately 2 minutes after reaching the starting line, each wave will be released, and the same process will be followed for subsequent waves.
The gates between the waves will not be opened!
Equipment left in the start zone will be collected immediately after the start and donated to the Hungarian Red Cross for charitable purposes.