REGNUM 30 KM – RACE INFO
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and the date of the event.
The growing popularity of running a marathon is undeniable. However, reaching such a distance is a lot of work, time, and effort.
If you have run several half marathons but you feel not ready for a Marathon yet, running 30 km is the perfect choice for You.
Run 30 km in Budapest on a beautiful route and enjoy the marathon vibes by running with the marathon runners! This is a sightseeing running tour event: world heritage sites along the course, bridges across the Danube, Gellért Hill, Buda Castle, the Parliament of Budapest, Margaret Island, and a lot more. International field, unforgettable experience.
|START DATE: 9:40-10:15 AM (depends on the planned pace), October 10, 2021|
|DISTANCE: 30 KM|
|LOCATION OF THE START: The Regnum 30 km start on the marathon route at 12195 meters, on the Pázmány Péter promenade, 400 meters on foot from the start of the marathon, in the direction of the Rákóczi bridge.|
COURSE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
CLICK HERE to see the course video and map!
CLICK HERE for prices and deadlines!
Wheelchair and handbike entrants can register only in advance, no later than October 6, 2021.
The Registration Office will be closed on the week of the race, registration in person, or picking up the bib there won’t be possible.
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- course closed to traffic, verified by AIMS
- BIB number
- a unique technical T-shirt with the race logo
- with a size scale of S-XXL for women
- with a size scale of XS-XXL for men
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers
- finisher’s goodie bag
- chip timing
- refreshment points along the course
- finisher’s goodie bag
- medical service
- music points along the course
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
For students with a valid Student Card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC). The card has to be valid on the day of the race and must be shown upon start number pick-up. Discount does not apply for on-site registration. Click here for acceptable ISIC cards.
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
- If there were entry limits, registration for the races would be stopped once the limit has been reached and entry fees paid after this point will be credited on the online BSI Registration account.
- Registration fees cannot be reimbursed. For more information on cancellation, click here.
By race day, registrants for this event must be 16 or older (born before October 11, 2005).
Online registration (in advance):
Register online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 23:59 on October 6, 2021 (if the limit has not been reached for the race).
CLICK HERE for prices and further details.
After successful payment, please send your request for the invoice via email, when the registration has been closed. The invoice will be sent to you via email in .pdf format.
Registration in person:
NOT AVAILABLE, WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
If the limit has not been reached, registration is also possible on-site at the race center on race day.
Please note that there is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
- Opening hours of the Race Center for on-site registration:
- We’ll publish this information later.
For entries submitted until 17 August, the first name will be automatically displayed on the bib below the bib number. If the runner does not want to display a name on his/her bib number, it must be indicated:
– in case of online registration, please enter the following text “I DO NOT REQUIRE A NAME ON THE BIB” in the caption that will appear on the bib.
– in case of registration in-person, please enter the following text “I DO NOT REQUIRE A NAME ON THE BIB” on the entry form.
It is possible to place a nickname on the bib instead of the first name, but with nicknames up to only 12 characters.
This request must be indicated when submitting the entry, as the first name will be added automatically only. We are unable to display image characters or emojis. Below the bib number, space will be left for later entrants to write their names on.
CLICK HERE to see the start list of the runners registered already.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner, wheelchair, handbike racer, or runners with a baby stroll who have agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- Wheelchair or handbike racers:
- who complete the distance individually, can start from the beginning of the field. Wheelchair and handbike races will start first, 1 minute before the field, led by motorbike drivers.
- have to be in the start zone no later than 5 minutes before the start
- has to sign a declaration form stating that they would not overtake the motorbike drivers when entering the start zone.
- can leave the field only from a point on the course that will be determined later
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Not abiding by the bib number wearing rules, despite repeated warnings, and/or not completing the full distance of the race and/or who not filling in the entry form with accurate data, and/or does not use the time measuring chip as intended, can result in disqualification from the race.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, therefore it is not recommended to use it plugged in both ears.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- So you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Arrive on time. We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start.
- We don’t guard valuables at the race!
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program, and the date of the event.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
CLICK HERE to see time table of the event!
The Regnum 30 km start on the marathon route at 12195 meters, on the Pázmány Péter promenade, 400 meters on foot from the start of the marathon, in the direction of the Rákóczi bridge.
“Műegyetem rakpart” (Technical University quay), at the BME “R” building, on the right side of the road – at 11.2 km, the first relay exchange station point of the marathon distance.
HOW TO GET TO THE START AREA
Recommended approach from the Race center: on foot on the “Pázmány Péter sétány” (promenade), then on the “Műegyetem rakpart” (quay). Total distance: approx. 400 meters.
Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus
ARRIVE ON TIME – We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before your start!
- From Kelenföld Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Keleti Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the 3rd stop from Kelenföld). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Keleti Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Kelenföld Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the sixth stop from Keleti). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Nyugati Railway Station: take the tram 4 or tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (10 stops) in the direction of Újbuda-Központ (in case of tram 4) or the direction of Móricz Zsigmond körtér (in the case of tram 6). Get off at Petőfi híd budai hídfő and walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
ARRIVE BY BIKE
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on race day.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- The race center is only 600 m away from the parking lot
- Free parking is available in the parking lot of Lurdy Ház
- The race center can be approached by Tram 1 or replacement bus. Get off at “Info Park” (2 stops), then go straight ahead 300 m to reach the race center.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- PLEASE ABIDE BY THE PARKING RULES
- Do not park in locations that are not permitted
The Race center will be located in the North Building of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus.
CLICK HERE to see information about BIB number pick-up.
Changing rooms at the START area
Changing rooms (tents) will not be available at the start area, because it is only 400 meters from the Race center.
Changing rooms at the Finish area
For men: changing rooms (tent) will be available near the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’ before and after the race.
For women: changing rooms will be available in the same building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’ before and after the race, but the entrance is from the side farther from the Danube.
Luggage storage at the FINISH area (baggage drop off/pick up)
Luggage storage tents will be available near the changing rooms (tents). Dropping off your baggage can happen according to bib number ranges – we will indicate it with tables.
Tear the baggage tag off the bib number and attach it to your bag ensuring it is firmly in place and will not drop off. Please deposit your bag in the tent that corresponds to your bib number – you will not need the staff to take your luggage from you, you can put it there. After the race, you will be able to pick up your luggage from the staff according to your bib number.
- Baggage drop-off: between 07:30-9:00
- Baggage pick-up: between 11:30-15:00
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the luggage storage!
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating at the finish area, near the luggage store tents.
There will be portable toilets and urinals near the start/finish area, and on the course at all refreshment and relay exchange stations.
Finish/ Race center area: Find toilets in the women changing rooms located in the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’.
Due to the risk of infection, there will be no showers either massage at the race.
Please fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- During the race, medical services are available in the medical area beside the finish line.
- If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
- At the back of each bib, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
The start will not be a mass start. Participants of this distance can start individually at their preferred pace.
Choose from six race time zones according to your training, pace per kilometer, and your planned/target time:
|Time zone||1st zone||2nd zone||3rd zone||4th zone||5th zone||6th zone|
|Planned pace (min/km)||under 4 min||between 4.00-4.30||between 4.30-5.00||between 5.00-5.30||between 5.30-6.00||above 6 min|
|Planned/target race time, hh:mm||under 2 hours||between 2.00-2.15||between 2.15-2.30||between 2.30-2.45||between 2.45-3.00||above 3 hours|
|Start time (hh:mm)||9:40-9:44||9:45-9:49||9:50-9:55||9:56-10:01||10:02-10:07||10:08-10:15|
Distance: 30 000 m
Course: The course runs through the course of the 36th Spar Budapest Marathon from its 12195 meters.
Pázmány Péter sétány – Dombóvári út – FORDÍTÓ (a Lágymányosi híd felhajtó előtt) – Dombóvári út – Budai alsó rakpart – Mozaik utca – Leányfalu utca – Reményi Ede utca – Szentendrei út – Bogdáni út – Folyamőr utca – Miklós tér – Laktanya utca – Hajógyár utca – Fő tér – Hídfő utca – Tavasz utca – Árpád híd (északi oldal két forgalmi sáv) – Árpád híd margitszigeti lehajtó – Margitsziget, Schulek Frigyes sétány– Margit híd margitszigeti lehajtó – Margit híd (2 forgalmi sáv )– Jászai Mari tér – Jászai Mari téri északi rakparti lehajtó – Pesti alsó rakpart – Dráva utcai felhajtó – Népfürdő utca – Árpád híd, Népfürdő utcai felhajtó – Árpád híd déli oldal (2 forgalmi sáv), Serfőző utcai lehajtó – Serfőző uta – Árpád fejedelem útja – Bem rakpart – Jégverem utca – Fő utca – Clark Ádám tér – Lánchíd utca – Ybl Miklós tér – Várkert rakpart (villamos sín) – Döbrentei téri lehajtó – Budai alsó rakpart – Egry József utcai felhajtó – Műegyetem rakpart – Pázmány Péter sétány
Kilometers achieved: Each kilometer is marked on the route with a sign placed 2 meters high. This will allow you to check your pace to complete the distance at the pace you have planned and prepared for.
If you think you won’t be able to run at a predetermined speed, several pace runners aiming for different goal times and paces can help you realize your goals.
We choose all of our pace runners very carefully, all of them are experienced runners and they are able to surpass their own interests and do everything for the runners who are following them and trust them. They think instead of the runners, check the time regularly and encourage others.
Although they will start with the Marathon field coming from Buda, you can join them when you start the race. You can always spot them from afar by the beach flags on their back (with their goal race pace and goal finish time). Find the pace that best suits you:
SPAR Budapest Marathon Running Pace Charts (these are marathon race goal times):
- 3 hours 30 minutes finish time (with a steady pace). See the pace chart.
- 3 hours 45 minutes finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart.
- 4 hours finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart.
- 4 hours 15 minutes finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart.
- 4 hours 30 minutes finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart.
- 4 hours 45 minutes finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart.
- 5 hours finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart.
- 5 hours 15 minutes finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart.
- 5 hours 30 minutes finish time (with a steadily slowing pace). See the pace chart
|Distance (km)||Location of the Refreshment point||Refreshment supplies|
|2,4||at Pázmány Péter sétány, after leaving Magyar Tudósok körút||water, Gatorade isotonic drink, banana, glucose, lemon|
|4,8||at A38 Ship||water|
|7,3||at the driveway near Döbrentei tér||water, Gatorade isotonic drink, banana, glucose, lemon|
|10,1||at the parking station under the driveway near Üstökös utca||water, Gatorade isotonic drink, banana, glucose, lemon|
|14,3||at Óbudai Vagyonkezelő, near Mozaik utca||water, Gatorade isotonic drink, banana, glucose, lemon|
|18,9||at Víztorony útja at Margaret Island||water, Gatorade isotonic drink, banana, glucose, lemon|
|23,2||at Fortuna Ship||water, Gatorade isotonic drink, banana, glucose, lemon, Magnesium, Calcium, Pepsi Cola|
|26,3||at Petőfi tér BKK boat station||water, Gatorade isotonic drink, banana, glucose, lemon, Magnesium, Calcium, Pepsi Cola|
|27,9||at Fővám tér, at the west side of the Budapesti Corvinus University||water|
- Individual refreshments can be drop off on the race day at the Race center, 45 minutes before the start (at the latest).
- Should there be any queues at the water stations, please try to be as patient as possible. Take only as many refreshments as you need, think of other runners as well.
- Finishers’ medals this time will not be placed on your neck. Race organizer colleagues will hand it over to you, once you finish the race. After that, you can pick up your goodie bag.
- There will be water points at the start and finish area. However, if the weather gets warmer, additional temporary water points may be installed.
Please think green!
Large garbage containers will be placed at every refreshment point on both sides. The last garbage containers will be placed 50 meters from the refreshment points. We ask you to put your garbage there. Do not throw it away, don’t leave it on the ground.
Selective waste collectors will be established at the refreshment points as well.
The time limit is 5 hours 30 minutes net time according to the start time of the last runner for the marathon – the same goes for the 30 km race.
A sweep bus follows the runners at a pace of 5:30:00. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your bib number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
The exact pace chart of the sweep bus:
The time measurement service provider at the race is AGNI-Timing.
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number. Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in a 10-minute time penalty.
Bib number rules
Time measurement is done with the help of timing mats (antennas) placed on the ground, that detects the transmitter placed in the bib number from a distance of about 2-3 meters. Time-stamping occurs at a strong signal only (when passing over the starting carpet).
For a successful time measurement, please abide by the following rules:
- The bib number must be worn visibly throughout the race, around the abdomen/chest.
- Bib number holding belt is allowed and recommended!
- The bib number must not be hidden or folded.
- The chip on the back of the bib number should not be removed, folded, or punctured with the safety pin.
- Make sure to wear your own bib number during the race.
- Once arriving at the finish line, please leave the measuring point as soon as possible.
- Prizes will be issued to the top 3 male and female individuals, and
- 1st-3rd placed wheelchair and handbike male and female riders will be awarded a material gift.
- The results are announced based on the order of arrival at the finish line (gross time). The result list on the website (based on net time) may include a different ranking.
The winner of the 30km race is the one who runs the distance and is first to cross the finish line (abiding by the race rules). Therefore, we ask those runners who are going for a place to start at the earliest time. If someone starts later might not be awarded, despite having a better race time.
AFTER RACE INFORMATION
The list of results will be published online in real-time and will be updated as runners cross the finish line.
Runners who do not have time at one of the checkpoints along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
Order your medal insert engraved with your name and your result!
Order Deadline: October 17, 2021
PRICE: 10 € (shipping and handling to a foreign address included)
The medal insert can be ordered prior to the race online at the entry.budapestmarathon.com website, or on-site.
By doing this you can skip the long queues and you don’t have to bother with cash. Buy it online and after the event, we will send you the medal insert engraved with your name and time that fits neatly into the back of your finisher medal.
We will engrave your name and time on a small stick-on metal card and send it to your postal address. When you get it you can easily stick it onto the back of your medal and your personalized medal is ready!
The personal medal insert can only be ordered for those with an individual result.
The medal insert will be shipped to the address already existing in our database. Fill in the “Shipping address” only in case you prefer to have it at another address.
High-resolution photos taken along the course can be downloaded after the race at https://bsi.futofoto.hu/
WE WISH YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!