SPAR Fun Run Relay for 4 – RACE INFO
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and the date of the event.
The Marathon Festival isn’t about the Marathon running only. It is a day of celebrating being fit and following a sporty life.
This is the best distance to invite your friends and the whole family to participate together as a team! Run 4 x 2 KM on the starting and finishing line of Hungary’s Nr. 1 marathon race!
|DATE: 11:50 a.m, Saturday, 10 October 2020|
|DISTANCE: 4 x 2 KM|
|LOCATION OF THE START/FINISH: Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus|
COURSE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
|Distances & deadlines||Standard entry fee||Student entry fee**|
|Real Nature Fun Run Individual 2.3 km|
|Until March 2, 2020||6 €||4 €|
|Until June 22, 2020||6 €||4 €|
|Until August 24, 2020||7 €||5 €|
|Until September 14, 2020||8 €||6 €|
|Until October 7, 2020||9 €||6 €|
|On-site – October 9-10, 2020||10 €||10 €|
* Applicable if you have ever participated in races organized by BSI – Run In Budapest.
** For students with a valid Student Card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC). The card has to be valid on the day of the race and must be shown upon start number pick-up. Discount does not apply for on-site registration.
Click here for acceptable ISIC cards.
Wheelchair and handbike entrants can register only in advance, no later than October 7, 2020.
The Registration Office will be closed on the week of the race, registration in person, or picking up the bib there won’t be possible.
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- course closed to traffic
- BIB number
- a unique cotton T-shirt with the race logo
- with a size scale of S-XXL for women
- with a size scale of XS-XXL for men
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers
- chip timing
- refreshment points along the course
- finisher’s goodie bag
- medical service
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
For students with a valid Student Card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC). The card has to be valid on the day of the race and must be shown upon start number pick-up. Discount does not apply for on-site registration. Click here for acceptable ISIC cards.
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
- If there were entry limits, registration for the races would be stopped once the limit has been reached and entry fees paid after this point will be credited on the online BSI Registration account.
- Registration fees cannot be reimbursed. The credit on your account can be used to register for our upcoming events until Dec 31, 2021.
For more information on cancellation, click here.
Online registration (in advance):
Register online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 23:59 on October 7, 2020 (if the limit has not been reached for the race).
Click here for prices and further details.
After successful payment, please send your request for the invoice via email, when the registration has been closed. The invoice will be sent to you via email in .pdf format.
Registration in person:
NOT AVAILABLE, WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
If the limit has not been reached, registration is also possible on-site at the race center on race day.
Please note that there is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
- Opening hours of the Race Center for on-site registration:
- Friday, 9 October, between 12:00-18:00
- Saturday, 10 October, between 07:00-11:20
Click here to see the start list of the runners registered already.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner, wheelchair, handbike racer, or runners with a baby stroll who have agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- Wheelchair or handbike racers:
- have to be in the start zone no later than 5 minutes before the start
- can leave the field only from a point on the course that will be determined later
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Not abiding by the bib number wearing rules, despite repeated warnings, and/or not completing the full distance of the race and/or who not filling in the entry form with accurate data, and/or does not use the time measuring chip as intended, can result in disqualification from the race.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, therefore it is not recommended to use it plugged in both ears.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- So you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Arrive on time. We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start
- We don’t guard valuables at the race!
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program, and the date of the event.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
SATURDAY, October 10, 2020
8:25 – PRERUN WARMUP for the SPAR Verde 10 km race – with Andi Szalka
9:00 – START– SPAR Verde 10 km (start for 10+5 km race participants as well!)
10:15 – PRERUN WARMUP for the Riska Minimarathon – with Andi Szalka
10:25 – AWARD CEREMONY of the SPAR Verde 10 km race
10:50 – START – Riska Minimarathon 5 km (start for 10+5 km race participants as well!)
11:15 – PRERUN WARMUP for the SPAR Fun Run Relay for 4 – with Andi Szalka
11:25 – AWARD CEREMONY of the Riska Minimarathon and SPAR 10+5 km
11:50 – START – SPAR Fun Run Relay for 4 (4 x 2 km)
12:45 – PRERUN WARMUP for the Real Nature Fun Run and SPAR Enjoy. Walking – with Diána Varga
13:20 – START – Real Nature Fun Run Individual 2.3km
13:25 – START – SPAR Enjoy. Walking 2.3 km
14:15 – START – FODISZ Disability Run: 500 m (registration is not available)
14:35 – START – NESTLÉ Family Run
SUNDAY, October 11, 2020
8:20 – PRERUN WARMUP – with Andi Szalka
9:00 – START – 35th SPAR Budapest Marathon
9:00 – START – SPAR Budapest Marathon Relay for 2
9:00 – START – Tolle UHT Marathon Relay for 4
9:40-10:15 – START – Regnum 30 km
12:20 – AWARD CEREMONY – SPAR Budapest Marathon and the National Championship
12:50 – AWARD CEREMONY – Tolle UHT Marathon Relay for 4
13:10 – AWARD CEREMONY -SPAR Budapest Marathon Relay for 2
13:30 – POST-RUN STRETCHING – with Andi Szalka
13:45 – AWARD CEREMONY – Regnum 30 km
14:10 – POST-RUN STRETCHING – with Andi Szalka
Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus
ARRIVE ON TIME – We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start
- Be prepared that buses may be crowded. Therefore, give yourself more time to arrive at the Race Center than usually
- Wearing a mask on public transport is compulsory in Hungary.
- See the timetable of BKK (Centre for Budapest Transport)
- If you stay up to 3 days in Budapest, we recommend that you buy a 3-day city ticket
- From Kelenföld Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Keleti Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the 3rd stop from Kelenföld). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Keleti Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Kelenföld Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the sixth stop from Keleti). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Nyugati Railway Station: take the tram 4 or tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (10 stops) in the direction of Újbuda-Központ (in case of tram 4) or the direction of Móricz Zsigmond körtér (in the case of tram 6). Get off at Petőfi híd budai hídfő and walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
ARRIVE BY BIKE.
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on race day.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- The race center is only 600 m away from the parking lot
- Free parking is available in the parking lot of Lurdy Ház
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- PLEASE ABIDE BY THE PARKING RULES
- Do not park in locations that are not permitted
The Race Center will be located in the North Building of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus.
Although the emergency is over, the epidemic is still not over. Therefore, we are temporarily introducing anti-COVID rules for the 35th SPAR Budapest Marathon.
The most important rule is that in order to participate in the event, you will have to download, print a Health Declaration Form, sign it, and fill in with your data.
There will be places where wearing a mask will be compulsory.
Read about the anti-COVID rules here.
You can pick-up your bib number in the opening hours of the Race Center:
- Friday, 9 October, between 12:00-18:00
- Saturday, 10 October, between 07:00-11:20
Stand at any table that frees up.
To pick up your bib number, you must have:
- your registration confirmation with you (either printed or the confirmation email on your phone)
- and your Health Declaration Form signed and filled in with all your data. You can download the form from HERE.
Should you miss any of the above, we will not be able to give your bib number.
If you don’t have the confirmation email with you, please find the ’Replacing lost registration confirmation’ table. Please show your valid, unexpired photo ID document to our colleague, who will issue a card for you with which you will be able to pick up your bib number. Please note that this option is only for collecting your own bib.
To collect the bib number of another runner, you must show:
- his/her registration confirmation email
- and his/her Health Declaration Form, signed and filled in with all the required data.
For men: changing rooms will be available in the South Building of the ‘ELTE Lágymányos Campus’ before and after the race.
For women: changing rooms will be available in the same South Building of the ‘ELTE Lágymányos Campus’ before and after the race, but the entrance is from the side farther from the Danube.
Luggage storage tents will be available near the Race Center.
You will get an armband from our staff with a number on it upon baggage drop-off. Our staff will put a tag with the same number to your baggage. After the race, you will be able to pick up your luggage from the staff by showing the number on your armband.
- between 7:00-15:00
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the luggage storage!
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on-site, near the South Building of the ‘ELTE Lágymányos Campus’ between 7:00-18:00
Find toilets in the women changing rooms located in the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’.
There will be portable toilets and urinals near the start/finish area, and on the course at all refreshment points.
Please fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- During the race, medical services are available in the medical area beside the finish line.
- If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
- At the back of each bib, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Sunday’s short distances start from and end at the start gate of the marathon.
Wearing a mask is compulsory
⚠ IMPORTANT! You can stand in the starting zone only by wearing a mask. You have to leave that mask on until the start of the race. After crossing the start line, you can put off your mask. We recommend you to not throw it away but to keep it on your wrist, as you may put in on again when picking up your Finisher medal and goodie bag after finishing the race.
- At the beginning of the field, there will be Race organizers standing and will lead the field to the start line.
Distance: 4 x 2 KM
Start: From the Petőfi-bridge side
Pázmány Péter sétány – U-TURN – Pázmány Péter sétány – Műegyetem embankment – U-TURN – Műegyetem embankment – Pázmány Péter sétány
- There will be water points at the start and finish area.
There is no timelimit at this race.
The time measurement service provider at the race is AGNI-Timing.
The UHF chip will be placed in the relay baton.
In order to have successful time measurement, please abide by the following race rules:
- Do not remove or puncture the chip inside the relay baton.
- Do not cover both ends of the relay baton at the same time.
- Once finishing the race, please leave the measuring area as soon as possible.
- We take the relay baton from the last person of the team as soon as they leave the measuring area.
AFTER RACE INFORMATION
A list of results will be published online in real-time and will be updated as runners cross the finish line.
Time measurement will happen by the chip placed in the relay baton.
In case the relay baton gets lost, we will deduct 10.000 HUF from the online registration account of the team leader.
Replacing a lost baton before the race (with new bib numbers) costs 5.000 HUF
High-resolution photos taken along the course can be downloaded after the race at https://bsi.futofoto.hu/
WE WISH YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Wanna know how does it feel to participate in such an event?
Click to watch our official highlight movie of last year’s event 👇