This event info is about the 36th SPAR Budapest Marathon® Festival in 2021, event info of 2022’s race will be updated later.
SPAR enjoy. Walking 2,3 KM – RACE INFO
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and the date of the event.
The Marathon Festival isn’t about the Marathon running only. It is a day of celebrating being fit and following a sporty life.
Don’t want to run? You can still experience the atmosphere of Hungary’s Nr. 1 marathon race!
Come and walk 2,3 km. This is the distance where even 4 generations can overcome the same distance and feel the race vibes together.
|DATE: 14:15, Saturday, 8 October 2022|
|DISTANCE: 2,3 KM|
|LOCATION OF THE START/FINISH: Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus|
COURSE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
CLICK HERE to see the course video and map!
CLICK HERE for prices and deadlines!
Wheelchair and handbike entrants can register only in advance, no later than October 5, 2021.
The Registration Office will be closed on the week of the race, registration in person, or picking up the bib there won’t be possible.
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- course closed to traffic
- BIB number
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers
- chip timing
- finisher’s goodie bag
- medical service
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
- If there were entry limits, registration for the races would be stopped once the limit has been reached and entry fees paid after this point will be credited on the online BSI Registration account.
- Registration fees cannot be reimbursed. For more information on cancellation, click here.
Online registration (in advance):
Register online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 23:59 on October 5, 2021 (if the limit has not been reached for the race).
CLICK HERE for prices and further details.
After successful payment, please send your request for the invoice via email, when the registration has been closed. The invoice will be sent to you via email in .pdf format.
Registration in person:
NOT AVAILABLE, WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
If the limit has not been reached, registration is also possible on-site at the race center on race day.
Please note that there is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
- Opening hours of the Race Center for on-site registration:
- We’ll publish this information later.
The start list is made only on the distances measured by the timing chip.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner, wheelchair, handbike racer, or runners with a baby stroll who have agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- Wheelchair or handbike racers:
- who complete the distance individually, can start from the beginning of the field. Wheelchair and handbike races will start first, 1 minute before the field, led by motorbike drivers.
- have to be in the start zone no later than 5 minutes before the start
- has to sign a declaration form stating that they would not overtake the motorbike drivers when entering the start zone.
- can leave the field only from a point on the course that will be determined later
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Not abiding by the bib number wearing rules, despite repeated warnings, and/or not completing the full distance of the race and/or who not filling in the entry form with accurate data, and/or does not use the time measuring chip as intended, can result in disqualification from the race.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, therefore it is not recommended to use it plugged in both ears.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- So you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Arrive on time. We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before the start.
- We don’t guard valuables at the race!
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program, and the date of the event.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
CLICK HERE to see time table of the event!
Pázmány Péter sétány, Budapest, 1117 – in front of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus
ARRIVE ON TIME – We recommend you to arrive at the Race Center at least 1.5-2 hours before your start!
- From Kelenföld Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Keleti Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the 3rd stop from Kelenföld). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Keleti Railway Station: take the metro line M4 in the direction of Kelenföld Railway Station. Get off at Móricz Zsigmond körtér (the sixth stop from Keleti). Then take the tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (2 stops). From here, walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
- From Nyugati Railway Station: take the tram 4 or tram 6 to Petőfi híd budai hídfő (10 stops) in the direction of Újbuda-Központ (in case of tram 4) or the direction of Móricz Zsigmond körtér (in the case of tram 6). Get off at Petőfi híd budai hídfő and walk through Pázmány Péter sétány, and you will reach the Race Center in 600 m.
ARRIVE BY BIKE
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on race day.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- The race center is only 600 m away from the parking lot
- Free parking is available in the parking lot of Lurdy Ház
- The race center can be approached by Tram 1 or replacement bus. Get off at “Info Park” (2 stops), then go straight ahead 300 m to reach the race center.
- Pay parking in the parking lot of Kopaszi gát
- PLEASE ABIDE BY THE PARKING RULES
- Do not park in locations that are not permitted
The Race center will be located in the North Building of the Eötvös Lóránd University (ELTE) Lágymányosi Campus.
CLICK HERE to see information about BIB number pick-up.
For men: changing rooms will be available in the South Building of the ‘ELTE Lágymányos Campus’ before and after the race.
For women: changing rooms will be available in the same South Building of the ‘ELTE Lágymányos Campus’ before and after the race, but the entrance is from the side farther from the Danube.
Luggage storage tents will be available near the Race Center.
You will get an armband from our staff with a number on it upon baggage drop-off. Our staff will put a tag with the same number to your baggage. After the race, you will be able to pick up your luggage from the staff by showing the number on your armband.
- between 7:00-15:00
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the luggage storage!
Supervised bicycle storage will be operating on-site, near the South Building of the ‘ELTE Lágymányos Campus’.
Find toilets in the women changing rooms located in the building ‘ELTE Lágymányosi Campus – Déli tömb’.
There will be portable toilets and urinals near the start/finish area, and on the course at all refreshment points.
Please fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- During the race, medical services are available in the medical area beside the finish line.
- If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
- At the back of each bib, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Sunday’s short distances start from and end at the start gate of the marathon.
Distance: 2,3 KM
Start of the race: from the side of the Petőfi-bridge
Pázmány Péter sétány – U-TURN – Pázmány Péter sétány – Budai embankment (Budai alsó rakpart) – Driveway near Egry József utca – Műegyetem embankment – Pázmány Péter sétány
- There will be water points at the start and finish area.
There is no time limit at this race.
There won’t be time measurement of this race.
AFTER RACE INFORMATION
High-resolution photos taken along the course can be downloaded after the race at https://bsi.futofoto.hu/
WE WISH YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!